Countdown!!! ... Atmospheric River’ Begins to Pound Western U.S. With Rain and Snow

Shawn Seeger

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Opener was cold left lot at 25 degrees, high for day was 48.

IMG_20230301_082856859_HDR.jpg

Thin ice shelf in places in morning, completely gone by afternoon.

Fish are healthy, average size is 15 inches. Nothing bigger than 17.5... measure net.

IMG_20230301_084527003_HDR.jpgIMG_20230302_094836083_HDR.jpg

Catching was good.

Water temp 36.5 - 38.4. visibility of 3.5 feet.

No bug hatches. Started calm but the wind and cold ended the day.

Today and tomorrow are Red Flag wind forecast.

Islander

Life of the Party

View attachment 56412

Fish are healthy, average size is 15 inches. Nothing bigger than 17.5... measure net.

View attachment 56411View attachment 56408

Catching was good.

Excellent! I’m Jones’n for some stillwater.

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter

View attachment 56412

Catching was good.

You're dealing with March weather in Grant County - there's a lot of snow on the Colockum and when there's snow up there somehow there's wind. Glad you had some good catching. The wind today and tomorrow with all this sun and above freezing should start unlocking other stillwaters. I sure enjoy your posts! Good luck! (Judy's up on SR26 west of Royal is good Mexican food).

skyriver

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

View attachment 56412

Catching was good.

I'm loving these concise reports by you and Wayne. Stay warm! Unfortunately, I won't be out there until the 11th. Don't train em too much!

Bambooflyguy

Life of the Party
Hey Chris,
So you were at ? Nice you had a private lake! How big were the fish? I’ll bet the water was cold......any bugs?

Last edited:

iveofione

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Aha! No snow here since Friday and none projected until next Friday. Bright sunshine and blue skies today and finally a chance to cross the mountain for groceries. However, I measured 24'' of snow on the ground so it will be awhile before spring flowers make an appearance.

krusty

We're on the Road to Nowhere...
Forum Supporter
Aha! No snow here since Friday and none projected until next Friday. Bright sunshine and blue skies today and finally a chance to cross the mountain for groceries. However, I measured 24'' of snow on the ground so it will be awhile before spring flowers make an appearance.
And awhile before open stillwater makes an appearance as well....

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
Ya know, Ive, saying something like this ----^ could just jinx it. Kind of like getting to a lake and saying "look, no wind"....... Glad you're getting a much deserved break. Fusae and I have the driveway and sidewalks shoveled, we got done just in time for the city plows to add a berm at the top of the driveway. Go get some groceries, drive safely.
Pat