NFR College Football 2022

Non-fishing related

Bruce Baker

Steelhead
Does this football conference shakeup also include basketball. No Pac12 hoops! F-me, I'm going to die...
If I understand your question correctly, the Big Ten requires all member schools to play all sports they field teams for, which is one reason why ND did not join the conference. They wanted football independence. So USC and UCLA joining Big Ten is not just for football.

cody-

Steelhead
I had such a long post drafted about the decline of college football but I deleted that. Instead, I'll reiterate what I told those two USC fans I was behind in the line for the restroom after the first quarter of the Rose Bowl Game... "enjoy Lane Kiffen 2.0." 🖕

clarkman

average member
Forum Supporter
Honestly, I can't see the national champions changing much. It's been basically the same 8-10 teams (one could argue 4-5) in the mix for it for the last 20 years (of course everyone can point out an outlier here and there). Also, since "pro" was thrown out there, I honestly think that if CFB were managed more like the NFL (as a business--we already know that it's never been predominantly about academics), that should be good in the long term. At least then some of these things might get regulated (I have zero problem with paying players via NIL, but without regulation, it's a free for all--it'll regress to the mean eventually).

Besides, regardless of what "league" your favorite school plays in, you can still watch them. You just might miss out on a few of those "classical" rivalries.

Mossback

Fear My Powerful Emojis 😆
Forum Supporter
The new super conferences will likely just ditch the NCAA, and do their own thing.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
So if college continues to become more pro-like why the need be affiliated with a university? I see that as outdated

I’ve said it before, the NFL needs a minor league. Hopefully the XFL or something like that becomes just that.
Then kids who have no interest in school can start playing pro ball immediately after high school.
The big question though now due to NIL is some would likely have to take a pay cut to turn pro instead of going to school.
SF

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
I can see it now when a football player gets big bucks in Collage for playing a team sport. And then he gets drafted into the NFL and falls flat on his face. The people that footed his bill will want their money back the payed him to play in collage. Their have been a few that were rated and busted in the NFL. Pro Football is not a given.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you want to see real college football go to a Whitworth, CWU, PLU, EWU game. Still playing the college game by college kids and when given opportunity some can knock off a top tier team from time to time.

Not playing for $$$. Per se

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
If you want to see real college football go to a Whitworth, CWU, PLU, EWU game. Still playing the college game by college kids and when given opportunity some can knock off a top tier team from time to time.

Not playing for $$$. Per se
Go Lutes!!
EMAL

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Yes
I have some friends that played for him
1999 national championship
Much respect to that program under Frosty in that era. Very well coached and disciplined team. Hard hitting and no quit. Hated playing against them. Always a battle. Nothing easy. You earned your yards and points back then. And the thing about him he was adaptable to his players skill sets. He did not try to fit them in a box. I think the great ones adapt to their players, they have a playbook per se with a wide spectrum. Based on talent they curb it to what they think is the best fit for who they have playing. One year the team averages 12 passes per game. The next year with new skill guys they average 35 passes per game. Frosty. I think of him and Few at Gonzaga. They both knew/know a thing or two. They also know how to make it the big time where they were/are at 😉

Brute

Legend
Forum Supporter
It’s disappointing to see the trend of changing conferences like changing underwear…

There will be quite a few rivalry’s that will disappear…sigh…

Dr. Magill

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Frosty used the red car blue car analogy. He’s been described as a blue car with red interior. As nice a guy as he was I’ve seen him chew some serious butt more than once.

Last edited:

DoesItFloat

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Oregon and Washington will be Big 10 soon after Notre Dame joins. And it will still be called "Big 10" for some reason. Just make NCAA CFB two conferences like NFL already. And pay the players. And let them take as many drugs as they want.

Travis Bille

I am El Asso Wipo!!!!!
Forum Supporter

Big Oregon Ducks fan here, I know I’m in enemy territory for the most part. One of our tight ends died Wednesday in a swimming accident. He hit his head on a rock. The outpouring of support from rival fanbases, particularly UW, has been really touching. Such a tragedy, but I love to see people putting aside rivalries and coming together to support each other. That is all

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter

Big Oregon Ducks fan here, I know I’m in enemy territory for the most part. One of our tight ends died Wednesday in a swimming accident. He hit his head on a rock. The outpouring of support from rival fanbases, particularly UW, has been really touching. Such a tragedy, but I love to see people putting aside rivalries and coming together to support each other. That is all
All in the same family. Sad.
Prayers to the Oregon family.

Stonedfish

Known Grizzler-hater of triploids, humpies & ND
Forum Supporter
Getting close to 30 days until kickoff.
In other news…..
SF