Beckler river

Old Man

Just a useless Old Man.
Forum Legend
All you people have no idea about exploring different areas to catch fish in. I first went up into that area in 1958. Took the road up and over Jacks Pass. The road back in them days was all gravel. I stopped in at Garland Hot springs. There used to be a lodge there and a cracked out swimming pool. But that is all gone now. Running water up in there is the Boss.

I used to fish the N/F but that is really changed now. But there are still fish to be caught. It used to be only closed about 1000 feet above Troublesome creek to 1000 feet above Bear falls. Now it's closed from the 1000 feet above Troublesome creek to Deer Falls the upper one. But there is half assed fishing to be had at and above the trail head close to the end of the road. You have to get out and explore. You won't find places to fish from a desk with a computer sitting on it.

Porter2

Life of the Party
Forum Supporter
Beckler River use to be a good High School over niter keg party. No one bothered you out there. Girls didn’t care for the BR situation but oh well !!!!

DimeBrite

Saltwater fly fisherman

After filming this Beckler River video, Kevin was never seen again.

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
All you people have no idea about exploring different areas to catch fish in. I first went up into that area in 1958. Took the road up and over Jacks Pass. The road back in them days was all gravel. I stopped in at Garland Hot springs. There used to be a lodge there and a cracked out swimming pool. But that is all gone now. Running water up in there is the Boss.

I used to fish the N/F but that is really changed now. But there are still fish to be caught. It used to be only closed about 1000 feet above Troublesome creek to 1000 feet above Bear falls. Now it's closed from the 1000 feet above Troublesome creek to Deer Falls the upper one. But there is half assed fishing to be had at and above the trail head close to the end of the road. You have to get out and explore. You won't find places to fish from a desk with a computer sitting on it.
Last I was up around Garland there were still a few of the shacks. And a naked guy. Talk about an awkward moment. I was thigh deep in the river and he was up on a cut bank. My eyes were at a very unfortunate level (about level with his cash and prizes) to find a fully nude man about 15' away. I haven't been back since. Beautiful area though.....

JayB

Steelhead
One of my kayaking buddies was paddling the NF on a stretch between Index and the confluence and paddled around a corner only to witness a couple er....enjoying the sunshine...with the male devoting himself to the task with a considerable amount of gusto. They paddled by, the dude didn't miss a beat, and as they were about to round the next bend and float around and out of view they heard some particularly bellicose and triumphant shouting only to see the guy perched atop a rock, still at full salute, one finger pointing at the sky, another pointing straight at them and shouting "YEEEEAH!!!! YEEEAH!!! THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE. WHAT'S. UP. MOTHER*CKERS!!!???"

Normally I'd blow this sort of a story off, but the guy I heard it from was a super squared-away executive and father of four that I'd never heard swear, let alone engage in gratuitous off-color commentary or spin a yarn....

sbonvallEt

Freshly Spawned
Forum Supporter
I am relatively new to fly fishing here on the west side and having done most of my fishing on the Yakima and it’s tributaries. Recently someone mentioned fishing the Beckler river. In my research including the WFF there were posts in 2018 suggesting that area was pretty sketchy as it pertains to “meth labs” and crime potential. It deflated my enthusiasm considerably. If anyone has fished that area in the last few years, I would love input not so much on places to fish but safety. Though I know not to leave belongings in view, dealing with repairs after a car break in is a pain having gone through it in the past. Thanks.
SB
Well we went to Beckler and survived. It was beautiful, caught some fish in the area, and did not see Beckler Man. There was nothing sketchy about the area. Thanks for everyone’s input.

Last edited: