A hoody that will elevate your next adventure

HauntedByWaters

Life of the Party
I was out on the salt in a friend’s boat. My friend’s other buddy on disability with a bad back injury came out with us and he had some green stuff that was very elevating. Just about any hoody works for getting elevated with the right boosters. My hoody was $15 and seemed perfect for the occasion.

I think we were talking about fish taco recipes when the first rod went down and bad back guy screamed “deep throbber!” I had tears streaming down my face as I laughed and netted his fish.

swimmy

An honest tune with a lingering lead
Quickie review: Fit is good, just a bit on the small side for a Medium. I'm right on the cusp between M and L, and often go for the bigger size as being more forgiving. I usually wear a Patagucci hoodie and the FreeFly definitely has a less voluminous hood, but still fits under or over a ball cap just fine.
The fabric is indeed buttery soft and very comfy; time will tell how durable it turns out to be. The most notable difference from similar garments is that (as expected) the Bamboo based fabric dries considerably more slowly than polyester. I can tell it takes longer to air dry after washing, and when it gets wet in the field feels cooler and will stay wet much longer than the full synthetic. I think this shirt will mostly see sunny warm tropical trips and stay home when I may run into more challenging weather.
I'm expecting the Camo pattern to really increase my success rate. :ninja:

Welcome to the club. Get ready to be elevated.
MsmNiWk4_o.gif

jaredoconnor

Peabrain Chub
Forum Supporter
Heads up for anyone buying Baleaf hoodies; the new version has a smaller hood and the fabric is less stretchy. I prefer the fabric, but the hoods are no good. They are not terrible and are on par with my old Simms hoodies, but the hoods were the main reason I liked them.

They still sell the old version, you just have to not choose the ones that say "new style", or whatever.

Canuck from Kansas

Aimlessly wondering through life
Forum Supporter
The only hoodie that will "elevate" your game (only available to the first 10,000 fans on 11 September):

Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 6.34.29 AM.png

Cheers

Reactions: HOG

Phil K

AKA Philonius
Forum Supporter
A hoody that won't cover up your work in the gym.
I wish I hadn't seen that.

Back on topic: why does the FreeFly hoodie have a chest pocket? It's useless; what would I put in there and how quickly would it fall out if I dd?

Long_Rod_Silvers

Elder Millennial
Forum Supporter
I wish I hadn't seen that.

Back on topic: why does the FreeFly hoodie have a chest pocket? It's useless; what would I put in there and how quickly would it fall out if I dd?
Have a few hoody's with a similar pocket on the chest - I put my lens cleaner/cloth in there sometimes and a stripping finger cover. That's about it though....

Tom Butler

Grandpa, Small Stream Fanatic
Forum Supporter
Giving a Patagonia hoodie an extended life for many more outings courtesy of @swimmy. Looks a little baggy on my slender frame but I have wide shoulders and the sleeve length is spot on and any bagginess was just freedom of movement for casting.
20220917_newtop.jpg