FS SOLD 55# thrust Minn Kota tiller motor, 12V

For Sale

Buzzy

I prefer to call them strike indicators.
Forum Supporter
I bought a Stillwater Classic pram, this motor came with the boat - too big for the boat. The motor appears to have very little use. Asking $150.00, located in Ephrata.

Attachments

• IMG_1242.jpg
    IMG_1242.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    777.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1243.jpg
    IMG_1243.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 42

NukeLDO

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
You figure out what you're repowering with? I've got a transom mount electric motor sitting in the garage that might work for you. Can send you a pic and specs tomorrow.

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
You figure out what you're repowering with? I've got a transom mount electric motor sitting in the garage that might work for you. Can send you a pic and specs tomorrow.
I haven't even figured out if I will use an electric but if so, likely a 30# thrust. Thanks for reaching out!!

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
Just a headsup.....I had a Min Kota Endura 30# on my 10' jon, but found its lowest speed was still too fast for a slow troll. I bought a 40# Enduramax, which has an infinite speed control and am very happy with it.

It seems like its hit ,and miss with those 5 speed forward 2 reverse motors . some seem to like them just fine . My first was a Minn Kota 30 , I lasted a couple times fishing with it out of my 9' pontoon ,hated it . Gave it to my son ,and bought a Motorguide variable speed 40 thrust . IMO only way to go for what little extra you pay.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
I haven't even figured out if I will use an electric but if so, likely a 30# thrust. Thanks for reaching out!!

Is it the power of the motor ,or just the length that makes it too big ? Price is great you are asking . If closer I would buy it for sure . I run a 40 variable ,and I wouldn't have an issue running 55 on my pontoon boats . Variable speed you can use whatever you want out of it . I wouldn't mind being able to scoot across the lake faster than I do now with the 40 .

Buzzy

Forum Supporter
Is it the power of the motor ,or just the length that makes it too big ? Price is great you are asking . If closer I would buy it for sure . I run a 40 variable ,and I wouldn't have an issue running 55 on my pontoon boats . Variable speed you can use whatever you want out of it . I wouldn't mind being able to scoot across the lake faster than I do now with the 40 .
The motor is just too heavy for this little boat (24 pounds in a 60 pound boat 7'-9" long). I've been fishing out of prams for years and have never felt like I needed a motor so there's that attitude too (although the thought of zipping across a lake to the other side or far end (and back) when it's 95F by motor instead of oar does have some appeal ;-). If I do decide to motor this boat, I now have several options to consider thanks for forum members. I do keep hoping @Engee might build me a PWM, hint, hint.

kmudgn

Steelhead
I have the 30# motor on my 14 ft. Sportspal canoe. The canoe weighs only 38 pounds, so with the battery (placed in the middle) and motor the propulsion system is heavier than the canoe itself. The 30 motor works very well and can move canoe plus two people easily. If I keep it at speed 3 or below, I can motor for most of an 8 hr fishing day. Higher speeds eat the battery very fast. The slowest speed is probably too fast for trolling, but as I don't fish like that (is it really fly fishing?) it is of no issue. Slow speed does generally hold the canoe against the wind if necessary.

up2nogood

Steelhead
Forum Supporter
The motor is just too heavy for this little boat (24 pounds in a 60 pound boat 7'-9" long). I've been fishing out of prams for years and have never felt like I needed a motor so there's that attitude too (although the thought of zipping across a lake to the other side or far end (and back) when it's 95F by motor instead of oar does have some appeal ;-). If I do decide to motor this boat, I now have several options to consider thanks for forum members. I do keep hoping @Engee might build me a PWM, hint, hint.

Fishing out of a pontoon ,the weight is not a factor ,to a point ,but motor ,and battery is not an issue, just an adjustment on the frame or moving the seat forward or back to maintain a level ride . For me ,its the safety factor as well as getting across a lake quicker . I fished for years without a motor on my pontoon boats, until I got caught in the wind on Strawberry reservoir in Utah, that came up very quickly. With fins ,and oars it was a struggle , something I don't want to repeat . Never fished another day without a motor. It just makes life easier fishing, not getting any younger . :) Its nice to just let the motor do the work ,steer with the fins ,and never touch the motor other than speed .

RCF

Life of the Party
I have a MK 30 on a 10' Livingston that weighs about 200 pounds. With one person in the boat it trolls a tad too fast. With 2 or more people it does great speed wise...

Chic Worthing

Smolt
Forum Supporter
Pat, I have a 30 # thrust and it is pretty controllable on a Livingston around 10' but on a smaller lighter it can be a bit eratic. I tried it on a smallish 0bvious one man boat and it was annoying to say the least.