Search results

1. O

Coastal River Oregon

Well I've been trying to get this particular river dialed for a few weeks. I've got a spot that's super peaceful with some spectacular water for SRC, small resident Cutts, and even some chinook. I've spent hours poring over historical run information with weather reports and forecasts to try...
  2. O

Curious if anyone in the portland area has had gear stolen

I know a lot of people have had gear stolen, I've seen a few posts about it, but I spotted a questionable garage sale with some absurdly low pricing on some absurdly expensive gear recently. I remember what was there and was curious if anyone on here was looking for their stuff. Let's try to...
  3. O

Central Oregon Cascade Lake

We all know which one it was. But it was still a killer day. Took my first guided trip out on the lake last Saturday. Fishing was a bit slower than it historically is on this lake (at least from what people say) but I still connected on 5 of the biggest rainbows I've landed on a fly rod. 5wt...
  4. O

A 4th of july weekend outing

This past weekend I made the roughly two hour drive to a coastal oregon campground that I thought would be a nice, relaxing, and quiet get away for the long weekend. I was mistaken. I had not realized that this was a HUGE campground that was filled with families and rvs as far as the eye could...
  5. O

Repackaged goodness

So on a whim I decided it was time to pick up a float tube so as to really try stillwater more thoroughly (and access some truly legendary trout waters in oregon) I finally landed on a lost creek LC4. Seemed like a good deal at a local sportsman's warehouse and was available for same day...
  6. O

Anyone tried rio VersiTip lines?

Looking at getting my reel some new line and came across this. Seems appealing from a versatility standpoint (comes with multiple heads that can be swapped out for varying water conditions) Wondering if anyone on here has any experience with it. Thanks!
  7. O

Upper clear fork cowlitz

I'm going to be up on the upper clear fork cowlitz river later this week, seems like it could be very hit or miss in terms of fishing. Planning on taking my 9' 5wt rod, with pretty standard WF5 line. Got an assortment of leaders to play with and try different areas of the water column. Nearby...