Search results

1. Ernie

Kenai River for trout

A few weeks ago I fly fished for large trout on the Kenai River. My friend has a cabin right on the river in Coopers Landing and his next door neighbor is a guide. The fall foliage was beautiful. First time up there for me. Caught my PB 7 pound rainbow. Lots of Dollies as well. Anyone fish...
  2. Ernie

Imagine this catch.

Not fly fishing, but an amazing video. If you get excited when a fish jumps on the end of your line, imagine a marlin on while you’re in a kayak.
  3. Ernie

Forgetting to list lines

I hope I am not the only one, but I haven’t written down which lines are on what reels or spools until the last 3 years out of the 45+ years of fly fishing for trout. For example, I have 3 intermediate lines and I can’t remember which 2 are 5 wts and which one is a 4 wt. I have a spool that...
  4. Ernie

Painting: Brook Trout

Just finished this today
  5. Ernie

***SOLD*** SRC gear

I haven’t gotten the passion to fish for SRC’s or resident rezzies. Selling my Sage Salt 690 4pc, Orvis Hydros SLiii reel with Orvis hydros WF 6 wt floating/intermediate line and stripping basket. Everything used just 5 times, asking $625. Shipping not included, but I prefer an in person...