Search results

1. Ernie

WA Stocking Schedule Release?

About 10+ years ago I brought my fly rod and spinning rod out to the dock close to the bathhouse on the west side. I put a castmaster lure on my spinning rod and was surprised to catch a 12” brown trout.
  2. Ernie

CP

Makes me want to take the long drive from Seattle. Nice fish Billy!
  3. Ernie

2-Piece Rods

My favorite lake rod is a 2 piece.
  4. Ernie

It finally happened, almost

How exciting! I did the same thing years ago, at least you now know how much of a good fight a steelhead makes!
  5. Ernie

Might Make Ya Smile

This did make me smile! I always like seeing vids of children catching their first fish. This was a nice sized one for the young man to remember the rest of his life!
  6. Ernie

What fishing are you dreaming of right now?

I always dream of dry-fly fishing in 70 degree windless weather on a blue ribbon river for 16” and larger trout with only a few fly fishers around. I used to experience this a lot 40 years ago on the Green River in Utah when I lived in Salt Lake City.
  7. Ernie

Lone Lake

Go fish it and find out!
  8. Ernie

Lone Lake

Tomorrow is better, less wind.
  9. Ernie

Questions about Fishpond Nomad Guide Nets

I have had quite a few nets during my many years of fly fishing. I really like my Fishpond Nomad net that I purchased last year, even for aesthetic reasons. I had been wanting one for several years and finally coughed up the money.
  10. Ernie

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!
  11. IMG_8196.jpeg

IMG_8196.jpeg

12. Ernie

Another Poacher

There’s the truth!
  13. Ernie

NFR Any actual good online "black friday" or "cyber monday" deals you found?

These are just as comfortable, but less expensive and last longer.
  14. IMG_8121.jpeg

IMG_8121.jpeg

15. Ernie

Car guys and gals??

I saw this 1949 Dodge Power Wagon a block from my home on Thanksgiving. Googled info on them and saw good condition ones, like this, selling for $133,000+ and two totally refurbished ones for over $400,000.
  16. IMG_8095.jpeg

IMG_8095.jpeg

17. Ernie

NFR This stove rocks!

I have the same set up, but mine is able to keep the same time.
  18. IMG_8108.jpeg

IMG_8108.jpeg

19. Ernie

The “Purdiest” trout…

This Brook trout is really beautiful, never saw one like this before!