Search results

1. dep

show me your anchor pulley systems

I am now the proud owner of a west marine walker bay knock off pram. installing the rod holders is a no brainer. but I would like to see what systems people use for the their anchors. I plan to do a stern and bow anchor. much appreciated. dp
  2. dep

Lone Lake

thinking of hitting this lake on Friday. more interested if the lake is infested in algae than reports (which are nice too!). hoping someone has some recent intel. much appreciated. thanks-dp
  3. dep

any recent intel on Rocky Ford?

it was pretty heavy with vegetation about a month ago. I'm thinking the recent cold has made a difference. looking to see if anyone has been there recently and what it looks like. thinking of heading there this weekend. any info is greatly appreciated. thanks-dp
  4. dep

Lenice this weekend

I plan to fish it Fri, Sat and Sun. if anyone else is on the lake, stop by and we can swap intel. driving a green Jeep GC, green Fishcat pontoon, and I toss leftie. dp
  5. dep

hummingbird feathers

I found a dead one in our back yard. I think it met its demise with our kitchen window. anyway, I have it outside to dry out for a bit. are the feathers any good to tie with? too small? if not, maybe once it petrifies I can hang it from my rearview mirror:rolleyes:
  6. dep

I fished Quincy Lake on Sunday

went to Lenice and there was no one in the parking lot. not wanting to risk a break in, I changed plans. first choice was Rocky, but I wanted to fish out of my boat, so I decided to go to Quincy. people were camping along the shoreline, but there were only 3 to 4 vessels on the water - 1/2...
  7. dep

fishing Back to the Wall on Saturday

just wondering if anyone else on this Forum will be there as well. and I plan to fish Dry Falls tomorrow - will anyone be there? not sure if we are fishing someplace on Sunday. love to put names to faces. I will be in a green Jeep grand cherokee. I plan to send a report next week.
  8. dep

Rocky Ford bugs

I tied these for some guys that fish with me at the Ford. They are WSU students and don't have much for fly fishing. I made them this care package of bugs that work for me. I also got them: tippet, nippers and needlenose pliers so they quit asking for mine when they catch a fish. just thought...
  9. dep

Rocky Ford tomorrow

I figured this would be the best place to post this as it is a creek. Heading to WSU tomorrow and making a detour to fish Rocky in the morning. arriving about 9:00 and will fish till 1:00 or 2:00. I'll be in a blue subaru sedan. if you are there, give me a shout. I like fishing the middle...
  10. dep

any one else going to be at Lenice?

I will be there Saturday and Sunday to see how fishing is. Hopefully the water is not too warm. I'll be driving a Jeep GC and fishing out of a green Fishcat pontoon. Say hi if our paths cross. thanks-dp
  11. dep

Chopaka Trip 9/8

heading up to Chopaka for a few days next week. we typically go this time of year after Labor Day and hoping the weather cools down. curious if anyone has been up recently with updates on roads conditions, bears, moose, bigfoot or anything out of the usual. are they still logging? any info is...
  12. dep

heading to Chopaka on Thursday

will anyone else be there? planning on staying thru Sunday (may leave Saturday evening). I may be solo, but a buddy is trying to clear his slate. hope to get one of the covered areas as I am car camping with my suburban (pulling a small utility trailer with all my sheet). I plan to do my share...
  13. dep

Puget Sound chinook seasons are posted

reading the regs for the 2022 summer seasons. looks like we can't retain kings in some areas, but all in all, not a bad season. see you on the water. dp
  14. dep

any recent intel on Dry Falls?

Ice free? looking at my weekend options. thanks-dp
  15. dep

Lone Lake on Sunday

I'm looking to fish Lone on Sunday. Looking to mix it up a bit early in the season and save on some gas. Anybody else heading that directions? I'm in a Jeep GC and fishing out of a Fishcat pontoon dp