Search results

1. Pink Nighty

Fish handling

I want to say I've seen 4 fish netted this season, all on drift boats. Only once did they tuck in for the hero shot, the other 3 times went fish in the net, pic of fish in net, net gets dumped. All while scooting downstream. I've appreciated it
  2. Pink Nighty

What's in your vise?

Providers.... that probably wont
  3. 20240321_153709.jpg

20240321_153709.jpg

4. 077541c3-6016-43d6-9ea0-30e496f137e4_text.gif

077541c3-6016-43d6-9ea0-30e496f137e4_text.gif

5. Pink Nighty

What's in your vise?

How do you mean removable? If you dont mind sharing a #randyfly trade secret
  6. Pink Nighty

It finally happened, almost

Awesome job! When I'm trying to tail a large fish, I'll gather a loop of 5-6ft of line right at the end. This way I can give myself instant slack when I get my hand on it and can also drop that loop if they make one more push.
  7. Pink Nighty

Bass Leaders

Yes, cut it back to where it is just thicker than your tippet, then add 10# to your hearts desire to attach your fly. If you tie a loop or tippet ring to your trimmed leader they will last forever essentially
  8. Pink Nighty

Bass Leaders

I use tapered steelhead leaders cut back by about half and tie on 10lb tippet. About 6 total feet in length at most, turns over everything
  9. Pink Nighty

Pike in the San Juan Islands?

Welp I missed that part!
  10. Pink Nighty

Pike in the San Juan Islands?

This is an interesting article! From what I read though, their main evidence of marine travel comes from finding pike in inaccessible lakes that are only connected to pike bearing waters by using a saltwater vector. I've seen multiple instances of shallow spawing fish (bluegill and bass, for...
  11. Pink Nighty

What's in your vise?

I really like that idea, thank you!
  12. Pink Nighty

North Fork Stillaguamish and the loss of its "bugs"

I think I know this one!! You are correct that the warmer Montana summeris a factor that enhances bug growth. You'll see more bugs on the yakima than the Snoqualmie, or the methow vs the nooksack. Montana rivers also generally follow a gentler gradient than our westside steams. Mountain peak to...
  13. Pink Nighty

2024 NOF

No, I think we should take care to use best practices to ensure safe release, regardless of species. I acknowledge it's a blood sport and some of my releases die
  14. Pink Nighty

2024 NOF

I get and support this logic for fisheries where the intent is to harvest. I personally dont find it ethical to high grade threatened species, and that includes cycling through wild fish searching for a clipped fish. In fisheries like wild river trout, where you presumably are fishing for...
  15. Pink Nighty

North Fork Stillaguamish and the loss of its "bugs"

In my very limited experience its beyond the NF stilly. It seems outside of mosquitoes there are very few bugs around the nooksack or Skagit anymore either. I have to imagine it's a combination of many factors with the usual suspects at play. Hydrography, ag practices, logging, not enough of...
  16. Pink Nighty

Condiments, Am I The Only One...

Honestly.... try them both together and get back to me
  17. Pink Nighty

A man after my own heart
  18. Pink Nighty

I like ketchup but #1. I know I'm lesser for it and #2. Its reserved for hot sandwiches only.
  19. Pink Nighty

What's in your vise?

I swear I'll stop tying these as soon as I stop giggling about how cool they are...