Search results

1. Coach Potter

Inches away from no cougar season

There are people on that commission who are fundamentally opposed to hunting…and they are winning.
  2. Coach Potter

Bizarre Elongated Fins on Rainbow Trout

Wow! That’s pretty cool and crazy.
  3. Coach Potter

Guided trip question

I don't have millions of guide trips under my belt. I'm an "overflow" guide for our local outfitter....only do 10-15 trips/yr. However, my favorite clients over the last few years have been those that were excited to become a better angler and used me to help them learn some of what they are...
  4. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

The descents are hard on my knees. I lean on my trekkers pretty hard coming down.
  5. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

It is so steep! I had a real psychological battle with it my first couple of trips. I spent a lot of time working on stability over the fall and winter. I'm no spring chicken so it took me a while to get prepared. My preparation this year made the trip incredibly enjoyable. Last night I...
  6. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

He let me put a GoPro right in his face…it’s really cool footage of him drumming.
  7. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

That country is incredibly vertical…it’s humbling…but it might be the most spectacular place I’ve ever seen.
  8. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

9. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

10. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

11. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

12. Coach Potter

Idaho Spring Bear

Just got home from our first trip. We knew we were early so we didn’t do the “big one” for our first trip. We did 4 nights and 5 days…wishing we would have done the full meal deal on this one. We got lucky and T-boned the emergence of some really big boars. We didn’t end coming out with one. We...
  13. Coach Potter

March Madness 2024

UConn dominated that entire tournament like no other team has done in a long time. The tournament is an amazing event. The only thing I would ever change is “one shining moment”😂…it’s so lame! I remember hearing it for the first time and thinking it was super lame…20+ years later and it’s still...
  14. Coach Potter

N. Idaho

Yes...I figured I was spelling it wrong :ROFLMAO:
  15. Coach Potter

Measuring Distances App

I just recently learned of a Google feature called "drone mode". It allows you to plot a course and the program flies that course on a loop automatically until you've seen it as many times as you like. Sorry for the thread drift :)
  16. Coach Potter

Measuring Distances App

The "recent imagery" feature is on OnX. It tells you the date range of the image at the bottom of the page. It updates every 14-15 days. It updated last night so the range is from March 17-31st but you can go back in time as well. The button is located on the page where you can switch the mode...
  17. Coach Potter

Measuring Distances App

Right…I wish I could connect those points with contour the way they have made the snap to button apply contour to trails. The new “recent imagery” feature has been an awesome new edition for planning my spring bear hunt. Keeping tabs on the snow line is really helpful.
  18. Coach Potter

Measuring Distances App

I live in OnX for about 6 months of the year. I LOVE the new “snap to” feature for trails that are marked on the map. I’m really hoping that they are able to concoct a way to use it off trail…that’s where I really need it. They already give you the mileage on established trails but my routes...
  19. Coach Potter

N. Idaho

It's the first small stonefly to hatch. It looks fairly similar to a Skwala but it's quite a bit smaller. I wish I had a picture of one but I don't. I'm not sure I have ever seen a tied Nomura fly but I use a size 14 & 16 foam ant. I don't remember what it's called but it has 2 foam posts and...
  20. Coach Potter

N. Idaho

There were a few Skwalas around. There were BWO's on the water as well as a bunch of March Browns and Nomura's. I fished a Nomura dry, and several different BWO/March Brown dries together... every fish I caught ate the Nomura.