Search results

1. Merle

NFR A Flag Gripe

True (arguably), but those are still values that we should aspire to.
  2. Merle

The Perfect Storm (aka fishing on westside this afternoon)

It was weird how it suddenly got so gusty and stormy this afternoon, after being so nice and sunny. Glad you got off the water safely! Those are some nice perch too!
  3. Merle

Dept. of Ecology declares drought emergency for most of Washington state

I've been checking his blog daily ever since the news story about the drought dropped, hoping he'd shed some levity on it. and he did, as usual.
  4. Merle

FS Rare 9'6" Almarco Mini Drifter With Roller Trailer

Hey that’d be great to see what you built. I have looked at some utility trailers and thought about how to mod them. Also curious about titling a custom build like that in Wa, how did that go for you? Thanks, andy
  5. Merle

FS Rare 9'6" Almarco Mini Drifter With Roller Trailer

Sweet set up, GLWTS! Is that trailer custom built for that boat? For years I've been trying to come up with a trailer solution for my 9' pram. Just wondered if you built it or if it came with the boat or you found it and bought it somewhere.
  6. Merle

FS/T Echo Stillwater 6100-4 10' 6wt and Redington Predator 696-4 6wt

I kinda want the Predator but I need another 6wt like I need a hole in the head LOL… so trying to resist 😀
  7. Merle

What's in your vise?

Another famous "Cop Car" pattern was a fly that Dennis Dickson used for guiding steelhead up on the Skagit / Stilly. He created a bit of mystique about it as he never published photos or descriptions of it, you had to book a guided trip to get to see the killer pattern. I think I finally...
  8. Merle

Panama

Excellent TR @Brute... keep (all) the pics coming!
  9. Merle

Wanted Sage XP 5wt 9'0 Fly Rod

I finally found a 590-4 XP a few years ago on the old site. I think I paid &400+shipping and it was very well used (still totally fishable, no damage, but pretty worn). The only problem with finally finding one of the really great older rods is I’m afraid to take them out fishing, for fear of...
  10. Merle

I try to keep an eye out for good deals on XP's and Z-axis's, but they are still frightfully expensive. Those two models, along with the LL's have a cult following and seem to always fetch top dollar.
  11. Merle

What's in your vise?

I'm really digging that last one!
  12. Merle

I just took a quick look at the big auction site and there were a few...both BIN and auctions. Are you looking for 2pc or 4pc?
  13. Merle

Old Guy question

One of my core flyfishing memories is catching a 14” cutthroat (not a cutt-bow) on the middle fork Snoqualmie in about 1994 on a #14 Royal Wulff. I was 24 years old and early in my FF journey. It was near dusk wearing some sweet skin tight neoprene waders. Swinging the fly across a glassy...
  14. Merle

T-HO-KE Flies

At about 40 minutes in on the second video he gives his phone number and address, you can call and request an order form for all their products!
  15. Merle

T-HO-KE Flies

Found one of his old videos on the tube... Dr. Thoke He definitely had a passion for fishing!
  16. Merle

T-HO-KE Flies

Are those from the guy who used to call himself Dr. T-Ho-Ke? He was a local guy who loved salmon fishing in the Sound and made some real low-budget fishing videos? I think I watched a couple either from the local library or maybe on the Public Access TV station back in the 1990's.
  17. Merle

Does anyone know of a good 3 gallon outboard fuel tank?

Just to be clear, it's leaking at this interface in the photo? If so then I would think there would have to be a rubber gasket or o-ring to keep it from leaking. I bet you could craft a gasket pretty easily with some flat rubber, like an cut up old inner-tube.
  18. Merle

WA Online License Purchase

Update: Well it wasn't the easiest but I think I got it squared away. I logged back in and could view my existing licenses, but there was no way to modify an existing purchase. It was all under-intensified or un-clickable. And I scrolled thru all the available products and there was no...