Search results

1. T

Squalicom Lake

Went out to the lake today. They provided a v bottom aluminum boat with one broken oar and one oar I rough shape. I’m super excited to go fishing so I pushed that v bottom off into the water after I turning it around. I go to step off in it, the boat rolled and off in the lake I go. I...
  2. T

Canyon Creek

Does any one know how to get to Canyon Creek? The rep at Confluence said that’s a good place to go and described the road paralleling the creek up by Mt. Baker? I don’t see this on the maps.
  3. T

Have you fished this nymph

I bought this in Yakima and was told it’s been catching big trout. They call it the Japanese Bullet. I did not get the chance to cast it. Have any of you fished it before?
  4. T

Sunset

I wish there could have been a bent rod in this picture Do you guys fish late evenings? Seems it would be hard for the fish to see the flies.
  5. T

Fly fishing class

I’ve had some answers provided. I’m casting yarn 15 feet hitting my target aka hula hoop. I’m learning about hatches. Having a good time. I think taking a class before buying anything is the wisest way to enter into fly fishing. So mush stuff one doesn’t need just to start. I...
  6. T

Gear

So I’m so excited that my day for fly fishing classes is getting closer. I have listened to people, watched videos of what I need to buy and now I have come to the realization that I simply cannot carry all this stuff I have bought Boots Stockings Waders Vest Hat Some type of a cross...
  7. T

Footwear clogs or boots

I purchased a pair of Korkers wadding boots today then saw a new guy fly fishing (he said he was new to the sport) in clogs. I saw clogs for sale at the place where I buy my gear. Are clogs the way to go? The store certainly had more pairs of clogs to choose from than boots.
  8. T

Which Fly to buy

So after much research on flies and reading many opinions I have come to a recognize I have a problem. Articles read buy a leach it’s a solid go to, buy a stone fly it’s a solid go to, buy an Adam’s parachute it’s a solid go to, buy a wooly burger, yep you guessed it, it’s a solid go to. One...
  9. T

Best 2nd rod after a 6wt rod purchase

So one person wrote try not to buy 20 rods. I’m looking to purchase another rod. I own my 6wt and will be fishing it soon for sure. It may be to early to buy another but I’m curious what would be the next best rod to buy. I don’t have a boat so salt water is out. I want to stay with trout...