Recent content by Pescaphile

1. Pescaphile

Dog Bite On Waders

Did your waders leak after the dog bit you?
  2. Pescaphile

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

I have an old Sage gear rod blank (GSH 390) I've had for many years (30+!) and it's time to turn it into a rod. I used to get my rod building materials from Angler's Workshop or Schoff's but they're but memories now. Can anyone recommend a good place to find components for handles and reel...
  3. Pescaphile

Intermediate Line

An intermediate line won't create a "wake" when stripped like a floating line does. This adds an extra element of stealth to near-surface presentations in glassy waters.
  4. Pescaphile

Spey Bros

I miss that old bridge. Two days in a row I ended up underneath it to land steelhead that had grabbed my grease liner nearly 1/4 mile upstream in the grease hole. They both took at the same time (noon) from the same spot in the run. I've been fortunate to fish steelhead all over in BC, WA...
  5. Pescaphile

What are you listening to?

I still remember when I first heard this song played on the radio. I was leaving the room but Ry Cooder's guitar made me stop in my tracks. For many many years, I thought it was the Rolling Stones.
  6. Pescaphile

Book recommendations?

A wonderful piece of literature, if only I could spell the author's name correctly.
  7. Pescaphile

Book recommendations?

"Dark Waters" and "An Angler's Coast" by Russell Chatham. And another vote for "The River Why" by David Duncan (Did they really make this into a movie??) Speaking of books made into movies, "A River Runs Through It" by Norman Mclean Maclean is a classic.
  8. Pescaphile

#1....

Yes, but not as much.
  9. Pescaphile

Spey Bros

I've had two roof racks for carrying my rods, both worked great to transport fully-rigged rods. The first was the Yakima ski rack on the Subaru Loyale. This worked for carrying the rod either fully assembled, or broken in half. This system was great. Cheap (it was given to me used), fast to...
  10. Pescaphile

Spey Bros

Get outta my run!
  11. Pescaphile

Chronies look too dark. Your preferred coating?

You could try using some color preserver for rod wrapping thread but it would add an extra step.
  12. Pescaphile

What are you listening to?

Gonna go steelheading sometime soon
  13. Pescaphile

Spey Bros

This thread is illuminating. I used to drive my old beater Subaru Loyale with a Yakima ski rack to carry my fully-rigged rods. I would place the rod tip forward because I almost backed the rod into a tree when turning around. This made the rods stick way out ahead of the front bumper (15 ft...