Recent content by Merle

1. Merle

T-HO-KE Flies

At about 40 minutes in on the second video he gives his phone number and address, you can call and request an order form for all their products!
  2. Merle

T-HO-KE Flies

Found one of his old videos on the tube... Dr. Thoke He definitely had a passion for fishing!
  3. Merle

T-HO-KE Flies

Are those from the guy who used to call himself Dr. T-Ho-Ke? He was a local guy who loved salmon fishing in the Sound and made some real low-budget fishing videos? I think I watched a couple either from the local library or maybe on the Public Access TV station back in the 1990's.
  4. Merle

Does anyone know of a good 3 gallon outboard fuel tank?

Just to be clear, it's leaking at this interface in the photo? If so then I would think there would have to be a rubber gasket or o-ring to keep it from leaking. I bet you could craft a gasket pretty easily with some flat rubber, like an cut up old inner-tube.
  5. Merle

WA Online License Purchase

Update: Well it wasn't the easiest but I think I got it squared away. I logged back in and could view my existing licenses, but there was no way to modify an existing purchase. It was all under-intensified or un-clickable. And I scrolled thru all the available products and there was no...
  6. Merle

Thanks Dan. I think I saw the “two pole” pop up and immediately closed it (not wanting the two pole option) but didn’t realize that same pop up also had the catch card options. So like usual it’s on me for being in a hurry and not reading everything carefully. I just hope it will let me go...
  7. Merle

Mostly just wanting to gripe a bit…. I bought my new license the other day and after hunting around on the site to get exactly what I bought last year (combo fish plus small game hunting), checked out, paid and went on my way, waiting for the license to show up in the mail. A day later I...
  8. Merle

It's Only A Matter Of Time

To get an equivalent lb thrust number we need to know the top speed of the boat. So then we have force x distance (=energy) divided by time (=power). I found a calculator on the web and put in a few numbers to see what it looked like. A 30# motor moving a boat at 5mph was .4 hp. Which...
  9. Merle

It's Only A Matter Of Time

Basically it’s 10 horsepower (746 watts = 1 hp) which seems huge for an electric trolling motor. Converting to an equivalent lbs thrust is a more complex calculation.
  10. Merle

What's in your vise?

Oh that's a great idea for adding the "illusion / suggestion" of parr marks on minnow and fry patterns... I think I've got some olive barred marabou, I'm going to try that next. My hand is not steady enough with the black sharpie to get them to look good the way I've been doing them.
  11. Merle

What's in your vise?

Got some cool new fibers from @SpawnFlyFish today in the mail, chum fry simi-seal along with some other colors and some eyes. Took a stab at a new chum fry pattern!
  12. IMG_4846.jpeg

IMG_4846.jpeg

13. IMG_4849.jpeg

IMG_4849.jpeg

14. Merle

Warm spring weather is coming! What are your fishing plans?

I’m looking forward to lake fishing and Skwalas on the yak, but before that I want to hit some beaches with fry patterns