Recent content by mcswny

1. mcswny

Pizza oven thread

I thought about it because a similar thing happened with my oven I built in Estacada. I finished it then 6 months later I moved. Problem was with having to rent back our new house in Portland for a month I didn’t have anywhere to put it. So I just built a better one 🤷‍♂️
  2. mcswny

Pizza oven thread

So I saw on the pizza forums that this guy JUST finished his oven and then had to move. He did some quick research and found he could actually move it with him. He basically tunneled under the slab—two tunnels. So he could get straps through. Rented a a crane to lift it and then swung it over...
  3. mcswny

Pretty crazy "camping/fishing on a cliff video.

That contraption he uses to winch the fish up is rad.
  4. mcswny

Black bamboo “ugly stick”

Good lord, retirement is treating you well
  5. mcswny

Steelhead bycatch on the Deschutes

I'm so confused. I know Maupin has been sportin' those "Don't Bend Maupin" but since when did Maupin officially become "Urban"?
  6. mcswny

We went on a hike in the gorge (well, just east) on Friday and passed at least six snakes.
  7. mcswny

I was going to say, you conveniently left this tidbit out of your report yesterday. Boy you got me 🤣.
  8. mcswny

Rod Building The Rod Building Thread

Thanks for the heads up!
  9. mcswny

too flashy for me :) Its going to be primarily clear wraps with some sort of tipping
  10. mcswny

I’m starting to possibly lean orange (black is still up there)
  11. mcswny

Oh shit, smart.
  12. mcswny

True story

Gas is the one that comes out of the green pump right?
  13. mcswny

It was the Kimono Mikimoto. I didn't heat up my epoxy, that might have been it? Maybe wrapped too tight? Regardless, the Kimono 301 Ichiban is doing exactly what I want. Just need to make a decision on my tipping. https://www.superiorthreads.com/kimono-silk-301-ichiban-spool/p/133-01-301
  14. mcswny

I’m case you don’t keep an eye out in the classifieds. https://pnwflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/pac-bay-rdm-1.7629/
  15. mcswny

Did some thread tests last night. The plan is for the bulk of my wraps to be clear with some tipping. Not sure if I’ll tip everything or if I’ll just do the ferrules/tip top/winding check. The three wraps with the black tape are my “clear” tests. The natural silk on the far right has some white...