Recent content by Dloy

1. Dloy

NFR Humor

But you can bury a Texan in a shoebox. Give him an enema.
  2. Dloy

NFR Humor

Genius. The ides of March.
  3. Dloy

FS 15’ Smokercraft w/Honda 15 SOLD!

Best possible solution. He’ll enjoy it I expect, and just maybe invite you from time to time.
  4. Dloy

NFR Humor

Total sidebar but since it was a shocker to me, FYI. I was just on a private photo safari in Tanzania. Most of us grew up seeing travelogues from Africa and they were nearly always driving Land Rovers. Not anymore. I saw probably 100s of safari vehicles (mostly pop tops), of which maybe 2 were...
  5. Dloy

FS 15’ Smokercraft w/Honda 15 SOLD!

Ditto the above. I’m not your player today, but 30ish years back I theorized needing just such a boat, accompanying the desire to really (& I mean SERIOUSLY) come to know Lake Washington (it’s where I live OK) and it’s seasons and fishery. I’m sure even today there’s only a handful of guys who...
  6. Dloy

NFR What Are You Reading

I’ll bite. Have put Gray Man into the Kindle cue.
  7. Dloy

NFR Humor

I get it, but who is TLR?
  8. Dloy

NFR Humor

9. Dloy

My latest build #4

Wow, nice work. Some guys have talent. I suppose a good eye, research, preparation, steady work, focus and practice help too.
  10. Dloy

NFR Humor

Just FYI, those are called “Mountable Curbs” and are engineered to be strong enough to withstand loaded semi trucks that have a large turning radius. Not that it matters. Not sure why you’d want to drive a car or small truck straight over them. To prove something?
  11. Dloy

NFR Humor

… more often than surly attitude.
  12. Dloy

NFR Humor

No question it’s a revenue stream. I’d bet my head that no one opted to drive back to court in Taholah later and tried to fight it. I only hope the money got to the community. Last I was there it was pretty sad.
  13. Dloy

NFR Humor

Somewhere South of Amanda Park, near the Humptulips Xing, there was (or is) a speed trap on 101 that the Tribal Police monitor. Coming around a blind corner I got popped for 50 something in a 40. His pull out was just past the speed sign. You’d have to know the sign was there for any chance to...
  14. Dloy

Steffen Brothers Graphite Fly Rods

Shane’s rods are great I’m sure. I’ve also read great things about Epic graphites as well. I have a couple glass rods from each but am very tempted to buy an Epic 6wt graphite. My understanding is that they are easy casting “all rounders” versus the prevalent rocket rods. But, I already have a...
  15. Dloy

Wanted 6wt rod for streamer fishing in Montana - resolved

No dog in the fight, but if streamers are the focus a light 7 makes it fun. A stout 6 will do it but I find it’s more work as size or weight goes up. First time I threw a medium Clouser on a 7 was my wake up call. It just follows the line like a well trained puppy. “But wait, there’s more…” I’d...